Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Happy Earth Day!

Welcome to Palette Pattern Polish!  I am so excited to make my first post on my first blog!  I have created this blog to inspire all of you interior design and decoration enthusiast out there...  And also 'cause I'm just plain obsessed with all things design.  Here you will find inspiration from beautiful photos, products, and DIY projects.  I hope you have as much fun reading this blog as I am going to have writing it!

On to my first post...

I thought it was only fitting that on the day before Earth Day (April 22nd is Earth Day and is also my Birthday! That's right my birthday is on Earth Day!), I would do a green design post.  Green design has become very popular in the last few years and it's getting easier and easier to find eco-friendly products.  Green design or sustainable design is the design of products, buildings, and environments with the intention of minimizing negative impact on the environment.  I say why not incorporate some green design into your home?  Especially when get to choose from such lovely products and feel good about your choices impact on the environment.    

Check out these chic green product finds below...

Metal:

 
This eco-friendly recycled metal side table is made of little metal circles to create an hour glass shape.  It's a little industrial and a lot chic!  $184  Bambeco.com


The Tree of Life bed is one of a kind.  This beautifully organic sculpture bed is made of recycled iron.  $2995 (Queen) VivaTerra.com


I love these Buddah hands made of recycled metal!  They are called Mudras (hand/finger symbols) and symbolize wisdom, reason, and fearlessness.  Perfect for displaying jewelry!  $95 (set of 3) VivaTerra.com 


Wood:


Bring a little character into your home with this recycled wood bench.  The bench is made from old wooden railroad ties from India.  I think this would look great as casual seating at the kitchen table, an entry way bench to put on/take off shoes, or out in the garden.  $199 Bambeco.com

     

Simply beautiful!  This mid-century modern "Rohe" chair is made from 100 year old reclaimed barn wood and vintage frame.  $1150 Etsy


Glass:

 

 
Recycled glass counter tops by IceStone.  These counter tops come in a range of colors, are durable, and Cradle to Cradle gold certified.  This picture is of the Campbell's Soup Headquarters in Camden, NJ but these counter tops would be great in residential kitchens as well.  I also love that they are lit from underneath! Shown in white pearl.  IceStoneUSA.com


These recycled glass balloon vases feel light and airy and bring a touch of spring to any room.  $139 (for both) VivaTerra.com





0 comments:

Post a Comment