Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Get the Look: Citron Chic

First off I would just like to say sorry for not posting in so long.  I've been a little busy but trying to make more time to write.  So, on to my post...
  
Inspired by Jewelry
Recently, I came across this fabulous necklace at J. Crew that really caught my eye.  It's a mix of large and small faceted glass stones in tan, charcoal, emerald, aqua, and white with gold accents and a pop of citron around the neck.  Daydreaming of this beautiful necklace, I was inspired to create a room with a similar palette and glamorous look.

 The Inspiration:


Citron Stone Necklace from J. Crew


The Look:


I took inspiration from the necklace to create a glamorous living room full of shiny golds, a crystal chandelier, and a neutral palette with pops of emerald and citron.  The facets of the gems in the necklace are also mimicked in the tear drop mirror, side tables, and tufted sofa.  

To create this mood-board, I used Polyvore.  And if you haven't heard of Polyvore you should definately check it out.  It's an online community where you can create mood-boards for fashion and decor. And it's free!  It sort of reminds me of a mix of Pinterest and Olioboard (both of which I love as well!).  So, check it out!  And while you're doing that, check out my board here if you would like to know more about the products used. 

X's & O's,
Neva


0 comments:

Post a Comment